As PR’s it’s our duty to help in raising awareness of important issues that need to be addressed to the public.
The festive season is generally a happy and fun period that we spend surrounded by friends, family, food, drinks and laughter. As Christmas fast approaches, it’s important for us to remember just how lucky we are to have these simple things, and be compassionate for those who may not.
Here at WordStorm, we have compiled a list of some great causes and charirites that support those who might not be as festive and lucky as us this year. They say that the best gift is the gift of giving, so why not support one of these great causes this year, and be a part in giving someone something to smile about?
- Wesley Mission – wesleymission.org.au – Wesley Mission accommodates more than 600 people every day. Help them to be able to give everyone a home by donating.
- RSPCA Project Guardian Angel – rspcaguardianangel.com.au – By donating to the RSPCA’s initiative, you can become a guardian angel to an animal in need this Christmas. Every year, the RSPCA cares for thousands of animals that are in need of financial support. You can even get an honorary halo, where you can upload a photo of yourself and your sponsored pet.
- Unicef Christmas Charity Gifts – www.unicef.org.au – Unicef has a range of essentials available to purchase for kids living in poverty around the world, at a range of prices. Your gift can literally save the life of a child – thinkl measles vaccines, child development kits, pencils, mosquito nets, polio vaccines, soccerballs and therapeutic milk and food, which start for as little as $10.
- The Sydney Children’s Hospital Appeal – Sydney Children’s Hospital has teamed up with Coles, and will be selling raffle tickets at all Coles stores in NSW and ACT to raise money to support seriously ill children. All Coles stores are participating in this fantastic cause – so remember to bring some loose change when you are shopping for Chrissy groceries!
- The K-Mart Wishing Tree Appeal – wishingtree.kmart.com.au The K-mart Wishing Tree Appeal is a joint inititative between The Salvation Army and K-mart. It is the largest Christmas appeal in Australia and New Zealand, and has collected more than 5 million gifts in its 23 years of operation. The appeal is heavily relied on by The Salvation Army to help families in need at Christmas.
From all of us here at the Stormery, we hope you have a truly amazing festive season, and we look forward to connecting with you all in 2012. We hope that you can find it in your hearts to share the Christmas cheer with those in need.
Love, Tash and The Stormettes xxx