I am a summer lover through and though. Pools, maxi dresses, sandals, mangoes, the Australian Open, my birthday – there isn’t anything I don’t love about Summer, hell I don’t even whine when it’s 40 degrees because I’ll take that over 10 degrees any day. Every year I mourn the loss of summer and dread the shorter days, cold red hands, dry skin, chapped lips, runny nose and rainy days that await me (yes, I’m a tad dramatic). This year however, I am doing my best to be optimistic and embrace the seasonal change by putting together a list of things I love about Autumn:
- The colourful leaves on the trees lined down Foveaux St. really brighten my mornings walking to work
- Daylight savings = an extra hour sleep
- Hot cross buns
- Easter eggs!
- Anzac day + Easter = 5 day weekend!
- New wardrobe
- Saying good bye to steamy non air-conditioned trains
- Bubble baths
- Hot chocolates
- Parched March – visit 30 bars in 30 days to raise money for the Sydney Cats and Dogs home and The Animal Welfare League of Queensland. Drinking for a good cause – where do I sign up? http://www.barsmarch.com
So I suppose the cooler weather isn’t all THAT bad (just don’t expect a similar blog post in three months time about Winter). Happy Autumn peeps! Love Jen and the WordStorm crew x